Grade 2 Sight Reading
- Possible Keys: C major (no sharps/flats), G major and E minor (F sharp), F major and D minor (B flat).
- Possible Time Signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4
- Note range: Anything in the first position. There may be accidentals (sharps and flats) written in the score.
- Rhythms: All simple rhythms, using semi breves, minims, crotchets, quavers. Dotted rhythms.
- Dynamics and Articulation: Forte, Piano, Mezzo Forte, Mezzo Piano Crechendos, Diminuendos, Staccato.
- Style or Speed: Common Italian terms (maestoso means majestically) and descriptive terms such as Playfully or Dancing.
Useful pieces to prepare for grade two sight reading: