Grade 3 Sight Reading
- Possible Keys: C major (no sharps/flats), G major and E minor (F sharp), F major and D minor (B flat), D major (F sharp and C sharp)
- Possible Time Signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 3/8
- Note range: Anything in the first or second position. There may be accidentals (sharps and flats) written in the score.
- Rhythms: All simple rhythms, using semi breves, minims, crotchets, quavers. Dotted rhythms.
- Dynamics and Articulation: Louds, Quiets, Crechendos, Diminuendos, Staccato.
- Style or Speed: Common Italian terms and descriptive styles such as Tranquillo (tranquil) or Scherzando (lightly/playfully).
Useful pieces to prepare for grade three sight reading: