Grade 4 Sight Reading
- Possible Keys: Up to three sharps or one flat.
- Possible Time Signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 3/8, 6/8
- Note range: Anything in the first or second position. There may be accidentals (sharps and flats) written in the score.
- Rhythms: All simple rhythms, using semi breves, minims, crotchets, quavers, semi quavers. Dotted rhythms.
- Dynamics and Articulation: All dynamic markings, Crechendos, Diminuendos, Staccato, Fermatas.
- Tempo and Style: Italian and descriptive terms.
Useful pieces to prepare for grade three sightreading: