Grade 5 Sight Reading
- Possible Keys: Up to three sharps or one flat.
- Possible Time Signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 3/8, 6/8
- Note range: Anything up to the fifth position. There may be accidentals (sharps and flats) written in the score.
- Some two part writing.
- Rhythms: All simple rhythms, using semi breves, minims, crotchets, quavers, semi quavers. Dotted rhythms and syncopation. Use of Anacrusis. Rallentando.
- Dynamics and Articulation: All dynamic markings, Crechendos, Diminuendos, Staccato, Fermata.
- Tempo and Style: Standard Italian terms and descriptive terms such as Cantabile (singingly) Tenerament (tenderly)
Useful pieces to prepare for grade five sightreading: